- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red wine
- 1 Can Tin Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon Dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup Kalamata olives, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Hans Sliced Pizza Salami
- Pre-made pizza bases
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Parmesan cheese
- Grated fresh basil
Prepare the putanesca sauce by sauteing the onion and garlic in a frypan with olive oil over medium heat. Do not allow the garlic to burn.
Add the red wine and reduce by half then add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, paprika, olives, capers and parsley and simmer until the sauce thickens.
Spread some of the sauce over the pizza bases ensuring you have a good spread of olives and capers on the base. Top with the Hans Pizza Salami and slices of mozzarella cheese.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C on a pizza tray for 10-15 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated parmesan and a pinch of dried oregano before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.